ASICS Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- For Sustainable growth -
ASICS was founded with a strong will to make a positive impact on society by supporting the growth of youth through sports. Living up to our Founding Philosophy, we aim to contribute to the world’s sustainable growth by creating a quality lifestyle for people all over the world.
In our pursuit to implement our “Corporate Philosophy” stated in “ASICS SPIRIT”, the entire ASICS Group shall respect and strongly commit itself to the following “ASICS CSR Principles” and strive towards fulfilling social responsibility.
1. ASICS Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Principles
We shall respect all of the following principles in any business situation.
1) Stakeholder engagement
We understand and respect our stakeholders’ expectation and interests. By listening, learning and with an open dialogue, we will establish relationships of trust, reciprocity and mutually beneficial partnerships.
2) Respect for human rights and encourage sound development of individuals
Respect for human rights are to be the basis of any relationship; in any of our businesses and in any country, culture or situation. Furthermore, we encourage sound individual development through creative and ambitious activities.
3) Ethical behavior and Compliance
Honesty, fairness and integrity form the foundation of our business ethics. We comply with all applicable laws and relevant regulations in any countries and regions where we conduct business, while respecting international norms of behavior.
4) Accountability and Transparency
We will appropriately report our decision-making, business activities and their impacts on society and the environment. We will disclose that information in an appropriate, clear and accurate manner.
2. Corporate Philosophy and CSR Objectives
Respecting the CSR principles, we will strive towards implementing the following CSR Objectives based on our Corporate Philosophy.
Corporate Philosophy 1 < Products and Services >
Provide valuable products and services through sport to all our customers
- We provide highly technological, innovative and sustainable products and services that meet our customers’ needs and create a quality lifestyle.
- To ensure the safety and high quality of our products and services, we will be held accountable for all decisions made affecting our value chain from material procurement to sales.
Corporate Philosophy 2 < Environment and Community >
Fulfill our social responsibility and help improve conditions for communities around the world
- We seek to minimize the environmental impacts of; product design, production processes and other business activities.
- We engage in community activities and aim to make a positive contribution to community development through sports culture, health and others.
Corporate Philosophy 3 < Fair business and Profit sharing >
Share profits brought by our sound services with our shareholders, communities and employees
- We engage in fair competition and just business transactions to create profits.
- We continuously share our profits with our shareholders, communities and employees appropriately.
- We encourage those in our supply chain such as subcontracted factories, to share our CSR values.
Corporate Philosophy 4 < Governance and Employee >
Maintain a spirit of freedom, fairness and discipline, respectful of all individuals
- We put in place processes, systems and structures to enable appropriate and efficient decision-making and business activities.
- We encourage diversity, respect for all, and create a working environment where every employee can show individuality and creativity, so that personal development and corporate growth go hand in hand.