METARUN: THE BEST LONG DISTANCE RUNNING SHOE IN ASICS HISTORY
RELEASE DATE: 2015.11.12
- ASICS unveils future of footwear technology with its best ever long-distance running shoe
- Packed with four patents  and five new technologies
- Limited to 60,000 pairs worldwide
Three years ago, scientists at the ASICS Institute of Sport Science set out on a mission with a clear objective: make the best ASICS long-distance running shoe possible. The result – MetaRun – will be available for men and women at select retail outlets worldwide on November 18th.
Introducing five new groundbreaking technologies:
FlyteFoam: newly patented, ASICS’ lightest, most durable midsole, with organic fibers for high-level cushioning
AdaptTruss: newly patented and revolutionary carbon reinforced adaptive stability system
Sloped DUOMAX: dual density midsole that adjusts smoothly to dynamic motion
Optimized Upper: featuring a glove-like, one-layer Jacquard Mesh and MetaClutch exoskeleton external heel counter with built-in memory foam
X-GEL hybrid high-tech gel
MetaRun is designed to provide distance runners of all levels everything they need to perform at their best from start to finish – all in one shoe. Equipped with five new groundbreaking technologies that adapt to individual runner requirements, ASICS scientists have gone further than ever before to maximize all four core long-distance running functions. MetaRun sets a new benchmark for ASICS, with improvements in every area. It incorporates ASICS’ lightest midsole, provides stability that kicks in when needed, has a glove-like fit, and cushioning that absorbs every impact to deliver an unparalleled ride from the first stride to the last.
“As a leader in performance running, ASICS needs to stay ahead of the game. We challenged our team of experts at ASICS Institute of Sport Science to develop a shoe that transcends current design limitations and ensures our future success. MetaRun is our most technologically-advanced shoe ever and marks a significant breakthrough for ASICS. I am delighted that our team has raised the bar higher than ever before to set a new standard for long-distance running footwear,” said Motoi OYAMA, President and CEO, ASICS Corporation.
Fine-tuned for performance: the long-run at its best
In 2013, Dr. Tsuyoshi Nishiwaki, Executive Officer and Head of Research at ASICS Institute of Sport Science, was given a challenge – to create ASICS’ best long-distance running shoe possible. With no limits or
compromise on time or cost, the only condition was that MetaRun had to provide better performance for runners than existing ASICS footwear in all four core long-distance running attributes: lightweight, stability, fit and cushioning. In the past, maximizing one would often compromise another.
Dr. Nishiwaki and his team fine-tuned every detail for performance, from the proprietary midsole formula to the precise positioning of X-GEL. Building from the chemical compound up, and with unrestricted access to the best equipment available, rigorous testing led to the discovery of new materials and five key innovative technologies to finally achieve their goal.
Intricately balancing all functions, MetaRun provides unprecedented performance benefits in one shoe. Scoring higher than existing internal benchmarks  in all four core functions, MetaRun provides superior comfort and support to keep runners fresh and in optimal condition throughout their run.
· Lightweight: FlyteFoam lightweight midsole—with built-in organic fibers—is about 55% lighter than industry standard, helping to reduce overall weight by 20g as well as increasing cushioning, durability and bounce-back.
· Stability: All-new, carbon-reinforced, two-piece AdaptTruss provides progressive adaptive stability that works seamlessly with the sloped DUOMAX construction to deliver 28% more rearfoot stability and 15% more midfoot stability, reducing pressure for a smoother transition.
· Fit: Optimized upper with MetaClutch exoskeleton external heel counter with memory-foam lining, and glove-like, one-layered Jacquard Mesh, improves both static fit (44% in lateral and 26% in medial) and dynamic fit (12% in lateral and 15% in medial) to fit better to foot shape when still and in motion.
· Cushioning: X-GEL hybrid gel formulation, shape and precision positioning increases rearfoot cushioning by 18%.
“At ASICS, we have pioneered innovation in performance running footwear since Mr. Onitsuka created the very first Marathon Tabi shoe over 60 years ago. Since then, we have dedicated ourselves to continuously improving our products. We design every shoe to be better than the last, so I am proud of the leap we have achieved with MetaRun,” said Dr. Nishiwaki. “Tomorrow, MetaRun will be ASICS’ new benchmark for all future products to provide even greater benefits to all of our customers. This is just the beginning of our journey,” he concluded.
With only 60,000 pairs available worldwide, this limited edition shoe will give runners an exclusive opportunity to experience ASICS’ cutting-edge footwear technologies. MetaRun will be available globally beginning November 18th.
For more information on MetaRun visit: asics.com/metarun
Join in and follow the conversation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: #masterit, #metarun
Product Video: https://youtu.be/lM-xqz4MGAs
 Quantified research results measured against GEL-KAYANO 21 by ASICS Institute of Sport Science with standard error up to +/- 8.4%